3M 05917 Weld-Thru Coating II – 12.75 oz.
Out of stock
Keeping Bonds Strong – By preventing corrosion between welded auto body panels, 3M Weld-Thru II promotes stronger business between your shop and your customers. This coating protects against corrosion where untreated bare metal substrates are welded – its zinc base uses the concept of bimetallic corrosion to keep metal parts from degrading. Welds stay strong, parts and panels don’t corrode and you keep comebacks to a minimum.
Tough on Corrosion, Easy for Welding – 3M Weld-Thru II also helps keep collision repair shops operating efficiently. Its convenient aerosol can makes it fast and easy to apply, and features an actuator tip that resists plugging even after repeated use. The coating dries in as little as 15 minutes when using a resistance spot welder and as little as 5 minutes for MIG welding, helping technicians work faster and maximizing throughput. The formula also resists weld spatter than can cause burns to technicians or shop equipment.
Applying Better Science to Collision Repair – 3M Weld-Thru II coating is another example of 3M Science. Applied to LifeTM. It uses the science behind bimetallic, or contact, corrosion to draw rust and other corrosive effects away from untreated bare metal – keeping the bonds strong at the welds, and keep the bonds strong between your customers and your collision repair business.
- Protects bare metal panels and parts from corrosion after welding
- Zinc base draws away contact corrosion, leaving substrates strong
- Convenient aerosol spray application
- Dries in as little as 5 minutes before MIG welding for efficient throughput
- Formulated for minimum weld spatter, helping prevent shop damage
- Accepts 3M Rust Fighter-I (PN 08892) and other 3M coatings on non-weld metal surfaces
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.